Over the years M. G. Crouch Lumber Company was involved in projects which do not fit a regular category. No doubt the Company's craftsmen found these an interesting break.
Listings in the Crouch House List are based on a variety of sources, primarily company files containing contracts, photographs, job books, floor plans, and related documents. Other sources include Hickory Landmarks publications, newspaper articles, and personal interviews.
If you would like more information on a particular home, please contact Hickory Landmarks Society who holds the Crouch Lumber Company archives. The Crouch House List is based on the best information available, but the company records are incomplete, so additions and corrections are welcome.
|Owner Last Name||Owner First Name||Address||City||Year||Description of Work|
|Crouch||Conrad & Dorothy||4 - 8th Avenue NW||Hickory||1952||Construct playhouse for Crouch children. Wood frame with pine bark slab siding cut from milled logs.|
|Harper||Gwyn||310 N Center St||Hickory||1961||Construct bomb shelter|
|Holder||Lucy||Off 19th Ave NW||Hickory||Remodel houseboat moored on Lake Hickory|
|Long||Ed S.||14 3rd Ave NW (Rear)||Hickory||1958||Construct small building, 30 x 19 ft to house pipe organ at rear of main residence.|
|Whisnant||Ernest||4241 North Center Street||Hickory||Doll House built in rear of main house. Doll house mentioned in 2012 Hickory Landmarks Society Parade of Homes brochure|
Copyright © 2016 Hickory Landmarks Society.
This material is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. For any commercial application, please contact Hickory Landmarks Society directly.